Saturday 4 December 2010

I love toys!

Anyone who knows me will know that I absolutely LOVE toys. I am very lucky to have a basket full of them...


...but I always gratefully accept any new ones (and actively seek them out if possible). I love toys so much that given the choice between food and toys, the toys would win!

This week I have mostly been playing with my Kong Wubba. Unfortunately it fell apart when I played with it.











I really think Kong should employ me as a Quality Control officer. The left-over bit is still fun to shake and run around with though, and is still my favourite toy of the week.


My next favourite toy this week has been my Wainwright dental ball on a rope.... except the rope bit "fell off".  There was a knot of rope inside the ball after the main rope fell off, and I have managed to set the knot free. It still works really well as a ball though. Perhaps I could work part-time for Wainwright toys as a QC officer.

 I have 3 toys which have passed QC:


The others I play with less often. They have all got some broken bits. 


Whenever Owner thinks a new toy is at risk of "falling apart" it gets shut in toy prison. There is a squeaky stuffed toy in there whose insides started to come outside.


There is also a stash of spare balls for the park, and a big bag of food in there, but I know I can't get in (I've tried).

I have separate toys for the park which I don't get to play with at home. I REALLY love these.
The ball on the left is a solid rubber ball which Owner flings using the ball flinger. She likes it because I don't chew it like the spongey balls. It is also washable if it lands in something nasty. (It doesn't float though, and a few of them have gone missing in action in some deep puddles).

I get to play with the dummy (in the middle) as a treat in the park. My friend Oscar, the Vizsla, introduced me to these. In fact, I "borrowed" one of his for a few days when we first met. In exchange for his dummy, Oscar's Dad kindly gave me this one. If I am heading towards someone else's toy in the park and Owner says "Where's your dummy?' I'm over there like a shot!

The ball on the right is a squeaky tennis ball. 

Which one do you think I want most?....







....And the winner is.....


....The squeaky tennis ball! 

I never get to play with this for any length of time, unsupervised. I think there is a limit on the number of squeaks it does because it doesn't seem to last long when it's in constant use. Also the ball tends to fall apart quite quickly. Owner keeps this as a top treat in the park.

When I stayed with Mum & Dad this week I got a new toy - the dental kong on a rope. 

Today the dental kong miraculously turned up at home! There may only be 2 days left this week, but I think this could become my new favourite toy of the week.


It's great to swing around,


you can play tug with Owner,


but I just need to check that the knot on the rope is secure.


The knot fell off when I was at Mum & Dad's and Mum had to tie a new one. I'm checking the other end.

Any dog toy companies can contact me at this address for QC roles. My fees are quite competitive.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Millie! You have quite a selection of toys. I have a toy box too which is full but its all teddys that have been shredded as I'm not into squeaky things... I also don't understand the concept of fetching balls...

    I think you should be a QC for toys, you've done a great job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Impressive Market Researcher of doggie toys you are Millie! I wonder if Father Christmas will bring sum new ones too? Paws crossed! Love your furiend AnnieB X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dog, Millie! You sure can tear up your toys! You definitely should be employed as Quality Control! I never chew apart my toys...only tennis balls, which I am no longer allowed to have. I do find them in the neighborhood and try to sneak them home but I always get caught! BOL *whispers* Just so you know, I still have my very first toy that Ma did give me...and it is still in one piece!
    This was a gr8 post!
    xxxx Your furiend, Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, so I'm not the only dog that gets the problem of toys 'falling apart', I never know how this happens!!
    I used to have lots of toys in a box under the table that I could play with when ever I wanted....now its down to just a few toys that don't fall apart!

    My 'special' toys dont have a room they go in, they have a blue thing on top of the fridge. I have tried jumping high enough, and I sit and stare to make it fall off, but that doesnt work either!

    Hoomuns just need to understand one simple rule....its nothing to do with us!

    ReplyDelete