Thursday 23 December 2010

Winter Weirdness

Strange things have been happening lately inside and outside the house. It started off when things got a bit colder. Owner came home with a duvet one day, and she put it in my crate! It's so comfy and warm, I really love it!



Next thing that happened was that Owner started to bring the garden inside the house! How mad is that?!


I'm trying my best at camouflage in this photo, and I have got a chewed up bit of rope ball in my mouth!

Owner started to put sparkly things, lights, and little balls and cones on the tree. I'm not allowed to play with those balls (although I do give them the odd nudge with my nose every now and then when Owner isn't looking!)




Then the ground when all white and crunchy.  Here is a little moving picture of me looking for the grass. I'm afraid I was a bit rude and didn't play with my friend Otto because I was busy trying to find out where the grass had gone!





I



Owner then started buying things and hiding them. I spotted this toy in toy prison (see my last blog for details) when Owner opened the prison door one day. I liked the smell of this one and was hoping it 
might be for me.


 


But then horror of horrors, Owner wrapped it up and put this label on it...




Did you read that? "To BARNEY" (not Millie), "love from Millie"! LOVE FROM Millie? No-one asked me! I would rather it was "TO Millie". I'm not really happy about this. OK Barney is a nice Golden Retriever  but I'm not sure he should be getting toys out of my toy prison!

Apparently this is all preparation for a chap called Santa Paws to visit. He doesn't pop by very often or for very long so everyone gets very excited leading up to this.

I feel much better about things today because my good friend Oscar the Terrier from Twitter has had a word with Santa and I had an email from him! He knew my name, had a photo of me, and knew that I wanted a frizbee for Christmas! I am SO excited I can't sleep and I can't stop wagging my tail!


I'm a bit concerned, though,  because Santa is supposed to come down the chimney and we have a fire lit in the evenings so I'm worried that he might burn his bum. The other thing is that my bed is opposite the fire and I'm told that if we see Santa arrive we don't get any presents, so to be on the safe side I try and keep my head turned away from the fireplace.


 Hope you all have a lovely time this Christmas.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Millie, I like your camouflage picture, and your decorated tree. Sorry that your owner is giving away your toys. It doesn't seem so smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seemed very puzzled about the missin grass my pal but your tail sure was waggin a lot so i don't think it can have bothered you too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's luffly Millie. I duz really like to hear wot other doggies are doing for Christmas. It did make us smile. Love your furiend AnnieB X

    ReplyDelete